Non-Violence week OCTOBER 6-12, 2019
Sunday, October 6th – 3 PM
- 9th Annual Ohio Nonviolence Week Parade & Rally
- Parade begins at the corner of Wick Ave. and Wood Street. – MAP
- Rally at Covelli Centre following parade. – MAP
- PARADE REGISTRATION FORM TO MAIL PDF DOWNLOAD
- PARADE REGISTRATION FORM ONLINE
Monday, October 7th – 6 – 9 PM
- “Mingle With Minni” at Flambeau’s Live on Market St. Cost: $20 –MAP
Tuesday, October 8th – 4:30 – 7 PM
- Barnes and Noble Nonviolence evening. Shops in the Park, Boardman – MAP
Wednesday, October 9th – 5 – 7 PM
- Reception for winners of the art and poetry contests at the Soap Gallery, Youngstown – MAP
Thursday, October 10th -7 PM
- Simeon Booker Award for Courage in The Chestnut Room, Kilcawley Center, Youngstown State University – MAP
- National recipient of Simeon Booker Award for Courage – Dr. Harry Edwards Read More About Dr. Edwards
- Local recipient of Simeon Booker Award for Courage – Denise DeBartolo York
- Event Co-sponsored by The Centofanti Charitable Foundation
Friday, October 11th – 10 AM – 12 PM
- Movie Screening: The Watsons Go to Birmingham – Youngstown YWCA – MAP
Saturday, October 12th – 9 AM – 12 PM
- Day of Action
NONVIOLENCE: SIX PRINCIPLES
PRINCIPLE ONE: Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people.
PRINCIPLE TWO: Nonviolence seeks to win friendship and understanding.
PRINCIPLE THREE: Nonviolence seeks to defeat injustice not people.
PRINCIPLE FOUR: Nonviolence holds that suffering can educate and transform.
PRINCIPLE FIVE: Nonviolence chooses love instead of hate.
PRINCIPLE SIX: Nonviolence believes that the universe is on the side of justice.